For this project I made a few goals, guidelines and specifications, which I try to make
prossible in my Packet Radio Project.
- The program must be as flexible as possible, and as complex as the user wants it to be.
- It must work with all (Or lots of) (and multiple at the same time) packet radio modems.
- It must be able to spread different processes over different computers (network Transparent)
- Must NOT use TCP/IP over AX.25 (I just HATE that :-))
- I will try to make it OS independent, it should run on every PC, also with processes spread over different OSses
if you want to help develloping this program, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The language will be Shell Scripting Tk/Tcl, because:
- it's avaiable (with minimal differences) for lots of OSses
- The process communcation will be done using Files (Format not yet specified), because:
- It makes it network transparent (Using NFS/Samba/or whatever)
- Every OS understands normal text files :-)
- The modem (if possible) will be accessed in HostMode, or terminal mode. KISS will be the last option.